Thursday, 4 June 2015

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara


As my current mascara had ran out (Teez Desert Metals Mascara from last years You Beauty Advent Calendar) I thought it was time to try something new. Whilst perusing the Revlon section of my local Superdrug for my go-to foundation (Revlon Colorstay in Buff) I'd realised I'd never tried a Revlon mascara and as a devotee to their full-coverage foundations and lovely lip butters I decided to try out one of their eye products. (the half price offer wasn't to be sniffed at either!) 


After hearing good reviews, I ended up with a Grow Luscious in Blackest Black. There were a few variations of this mascara. A plumping one, a lengthening one called Fabulash and another one in a different coloured tube which I presumed was the waterproof one. (The differences between each mascara weren't obviously clear on the packaging) I decided to go for the lengthening one by Fabulash as I prefer my lashes to look longer as opposed to thick and clumped up. 


This mascara didn't disappoint. It gave my lashes lots of length without making them look fake. It doesn't dry too quickly either which means there's enough time to apply another coat should you wish too. One of my pet hates when it comes to mascaras that claim to be lengthening is that they almost always end up clumping my eyelashes horrifically. (maybe it's just my application technique, but it's annoying nonetheless) However this little gem gave my lashes the right amount of length without being overly clumpy. It also promises, with it's Grow Luscious formula to give you longer, healthier lashes. How this works I'm not entirely sure, but if it's true it's surely got to be a bonus, right? 



The brush was easy to use and my lashes never ended up flaking or smudging throughout the day. As for when it came to removing my make up, Grow Luscious came off relatively easy compared with other stubborn mascaras, with help from my Lush Ultrabland Cleanser and a little Eau Roma Water toner.

Unfortunately the half price offer is no longer on, but Revlon Grow Luscious is available from most Boots or Superdrug stores retailing at £9.99 and is buy one get one half price in Superdrug right now!

Have you tried Revlons range of mascaras? What is your fave?

No comments:

Post a Comment