Wednesday, 30 July 2014

The LUSH Post #4 Ultrabland



I have to admit, I have been very excited about writing this post, as I believe I have found a brand new Holy Grail product to share with you guys. So as some of you may already know from my previous skincare ramblings, I have been experiencing quite a few of problems with skin over past 6 months. I've always had a love/hate relationship with my skin, forever willing it to behave. Praying for a miracle as I once again, invest in yet another overpriced high-end product which promises to not only give me the skin I've always wanted but to also "change my life" only to be highly disappointed with even angrier skin & a big hole burnt through my purse. I'd had enough. This had to change. To all the people who suffer from extremely sensitive skin that throws a tantrum the moment you apply even the lightest of lotions, I feel your pain and I understand your struggle. However I bring good news, as I am about to tell you about a miracle product which has not only soothed my grumpy skin, but actually improved it. Imagine that! It is possible! 

You can probably see from this photo where I couldn't resist getting stuck in before remembering to take the pic!

As you can see from the title of this post I'm not about to tell you to take a loan out for a drop of another high end bullshit product which leaves you skint, sad & even spottier. Let's take it back to basics, all hail LUSH Ultrabland Cleanser.

Okay, so maybe I'm getting a little too carried away here. However after trying every product under the sun & to finally find something that actually works, then I think I'm allowed to make a bit of a song & dance about it! When I first started getting skin problems I became addicted to researching every ingredient in the products I used, trying my hardest to find something that was not only safe for my skin but the least likely to irritate or contain any comedegenic ingredients (that was hard, let me tell you!) Cosdna.com became my new best friend and after coming across Ultrabland on the Lush website (don't know how I could have ever missed it!) I was quickly tapping away searching for it on my new fave website. After looking through the fairly short list of ingredients, noting that they were all safe for my skin and contained only one ingredient (beeswax) which had a very low possibility of causing irritation & was actually supposed improve the skin, I thought to myself "I can only give it a go, it's not like my skin can get any worse!" I wasn't feeling incredibly optimistic but after reading the hundreds of positive reviews online I had hope.

Ultrabland is a thick, rich & very greasy cream with a very fine grainy texture, not what I expected, as I thought this wouldn't only aggravate my combination skin & break me out even more. However I decided to give it a go. Firstly, this stuff melts make up & removes it brilliantly! Even if you do not suffer with skin problems I can't recommend this stuff highly enough as a top notch make up remover. Secondly, y'know that grainy stuff I mentioned? That's almond shell & it's fab little exfoliant. It really buffs andd smoothes the skin. Then there's the thick oily white stuff itself. Looking like something you'd put in a Victorian Sponge rather than on your face, I proceeded to smooth it on anyway in gentle circular motions. It really did feel very greasy but I put this worry to the back of my mind and continued with my routine. Once rubbed all over you are supposed to remove this with either a flannel, muslin cloth or cotton pads soaked in warm water, just like a hot cloth cleanser. The first time I used I used a muslin cloth, but found after a few uses I prefered to remove it with cotton pads, as this was extra gentle on my irritable skin.

 Once removed and patted dry with a towel my skin felt very very smooth with a very light oily layer on the surface. I worried this would clog my pores and break me out, but I needn't have. After using this lovely stuff for just over a month it has transformed my skin! I am so happy! Ultrabland has a beautiful delicate rose scent which isn't too overpowering. Retailing at £6.95 for 45g  (which has lasted me ages, even with my mum stealing a blob or two!) this stuff is fab value for money (especially compared to that high-end stuff which hasn't done my skin any favours!) I really can't rave about this stuff enough! Fellow sensitive skin sufferers I urge you to give it a go. If you don't wish to splash out on the full size the you can always ask the very lovely assistants for a free sample. I can assure you your skin will thank you! Can I get a hallelujah for Ultrabland!

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment