Wednesday, 9 July 2014

The LUSH Post #1 Grass Shower Gel



Hello my lovelies and welcome to, what I hope to become, a regular post on my little blog. As a self-confessed Lush addict, I thought it only right that they have their very own post right here. The Lush Post will be a weekly (or more often, I practically live in that lovely shop!) review or just general chatter about what's new at Lush. So, where to start? I think it'll have to be with one of my absolute faves at the mo, Grass Shower gel!

Despite being a committed regular at Lush, I'd never really taken much notice of their shower gels before (I normally skip straight past them to the beautiful piles of glittering bath bombs & delicious smelling soaps!) However, after running out of my usual go-to shower fave (Original Source Mint & Tea Tree) and whilst browsing their online store, I thought it about time to try a Lush shower gel & tossed Grass in to my (already over-filling) basket.

Lush Grass Shower Gel is unlike any other shower gel I've ever tried before! I was intrigued as to what it would be like to wash with a scent I've never found from any other brand before. The only way I can describe it is by saying it's like showering in a beautiful meadow, full of flowers and sunshine. (Honestly, if you've ever tried it you'll know what I mean!) It's summer in a bottle! 

I was expecting a freshly mown lawn sort of scent, but this is ten times better than that! (If possible, I do love a freshly cut lawn!) when I use this my mind is transported to a gorgeous woods somewhere, with the sun shining through the trees. Somewhere peaceful & bright. As well as wheatgrass juice (which is the main ingredient in this lovely stuff) sandalwood, neroli & bergamot oils have also been squeezed in to this little bottle, which help to look after your skin & lift your mood (bergamot is my number 1 feel-good fragrance!) This is perfect for summer & in my opinion, ideal for the festival goers among you. 

One small thing I did notice was that when I told my sister to try this it seemed to set off her hay fever just from smelling it. Odd I thought, as it's only a shower gel. So I would just like to warn anyone who suffers allergies that this may not be for you. Don't let that put you off though if you really want to try it! Maybe just ask for a small tester from one of their very helpful assistants or give it a bit of a sniff in store to see if it tickles your nose before purchasing a full sized bottle!

Grass lingers on the skin but is not too heady or overpowering. I just felt super clean & fresh as a daisy all day! My skin was also left feeling very soft & unlike other shower gels it didn't feel like it had been smothered in harsh chemicals, a feeling I often get from products which contain a lot of synthetic fragrances & ingredients.

At £4.95 Grass Shower gel is a little more pricey than your average bog standard pot of shower goo, but remember this lovely stuff is anything but bog-standard! All in all I have to say I am very impressed with Grass & can't wait to try out the other shower gels that Lush has to offer. 

What's your fave Lush shower product? Let me know in the comments! 

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment