Saturday, 8 February 2014

My Very First Time: MAC Lady Danger



It was a cold & lonely night when I switched on my laptop. As the boredom set in I found myself browsing, yet again, on the MAC website. I decided it was time. I was ready. As I clicked the "confirm order" button my heart began to race. Before I knew it, it was all over. I had finally lost my MAC virginity.

Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic here about my newest beauty romance, but at £15 a pop for a lipstick + £2.95 postage & packing, I wasn't taking my latest purchase lightly. I opted for a matte lipstick in shade Lady Danger, a firm favourite within the blogosphere, to pop my metaphorical MAC cherry with. (as you can never go wrong with a new lippy!)


As someone who can never shy away from a bright red lipstick, you can imagine how happy I was when I received this little beauty in the post! Lady Danger is a beautiful bold red with orange undertones, perfect for anyone who isn't afraid to attract a little attention whilst wearing it!


When it comes to lip colours I tend to avoid anything described as coral or orange as I normally find these wash me out. Lady Danger, however has the perfect orange tone to it. Nothing too peachy, just a beautiful undertone to a gorgey vivid red which was, I must add, very pigmented. Marvelous!

So was it worth all that muller I splashed out on it? Well I can't deny that this is one of the most moisturising & long-lasting lipsticks I have ever purchased, but if I had to compare it to a high street brand I'd say it very much reminded me of Revlons Lip Butters which retail at almost half the price. (£7.99) Although it seems that every beauty blogger out there owns one of these (and in every single shade going too!) I can't help but feel that there are definitely other top quality lipsticks out there at a fraction of the price & with this in mind I think I could probably get a lot more for my money. (we're not all loaded after all & a girls gotta pay those damn bills!) 

With that said, I don't think I'm done with MAC just yet.. Maybe just one more lipstick.. or some blusher?... Ooh and I really want to try some their pigment too! And...
What? Okay, as determined as I was to not fall completely in love with MAC & their beautiful products I do somewhat feel an overwhelming urge to dash to my nearest store! Well I am a girl after all! And we just can't get enough of these pretty little things!

Lady Danger Lipstick is available to purchase online here or in store & retails at £15.

What was the first thing you purchased from MAC? Or are you still waiting to bite that beauty bullet?

Kelly x

9 comments:

  1. I got Saint Germain from mac as a present. I love it! Still waiting to go into the store and just buy their lipsticks. I love the colors. :)

    http://missrose12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so beautiful aren't they? :)

      Kelly x

      Delete
  2. I love Mac lipstick! That color is perfect.

    I think I'm the only person on the planet who does not like the Lip Butters. I'm very picky about lip products. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? :)

      Ah I find lip butters very moisturising which I love as I get particularly dry lips, especially in the winter!

      Kelly x

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful shade good choice. The first thing I purchased was a concealer I think. I do love MAC when I want to teat myself.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I have yet to try their concealers but I'm sure I will at some point!

      Kelly x

      Delete
  4. Love the colour!

    ~~
    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shade!!

    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Please check my blog, A To The Chic and follow :)

    http://www.bloglovin/atothechic
    http://www.atothechic.blogspot.com
    http://www.atothechic.com

    Thanks ;)

    Lois G.

    ReplyDelete