Monday, 6 January 2014

Resolutions anyone?





It's that time of year again. The decorations have been packed away, it's back to the daily grind at work & we've all put on a little extra weight from too many mine pies & turkey sandwiches. The festive season is well and truly over. However it's not all doom & gloom, and I always find this time of year a great opportunity to get my life in order with some, ahem, realistic resolutions. (I hate the term "New Years" resolutions as I always tend to abandon them by February!) So I thought it only right to share these with you, my wonderful readers, to see if we can stick to our goals together!


1. My first resolution is to blog more! I've found that I have been so busy recently with one thing or another that I have neglected you lovely people! So my first baby step to writing more is to aim for at least 1 new post each week. I would also love to know what you guys would like to see on my blog so let me know in the comments!

2. Resolution number 2 is to finally get my hands on a new camera and start making more videos on my YouTube channel. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now & I'd love to get some face time with you lovelies and be able to talk to you in a more interactive personal way! I think I will aim to have a video up by March. (I'm being overly realistic here, okay? I'm hoping before!)

3. Okay okay, it's cliche time, but I do really want to start eating more healthily and exercising! I know that most people start dieting in the new year & I, in no way, shape or form want to go on a diet or lose any weight! I would just like eat better & treat my body well. As someone whose never had to worry about getting fat I tend to forget that I can't just eat rubbish all the time because I don't put on weight (something that actually annoys me if you've read my past blog posts!) I aim to cut right back on chocolate (it really doesn't help that I still have 3 big boxes of choccies to get through from Christmas!) and start making more fresh fruit smoothies and veg soups. I also aim to do half an hour of exercise 3 times a week. (I hope I'm still being realistic here!)

4. Number 4 is to spend more quality time with my boyfriend, friends & family. Everyone's always so busy all the time, but I think it's important to do something special from time to time with loved ones. My goal is to spend quality time with people twice a week. (or more!)

5. Another thing I'd like to do this year is read more books. I used to be a complete bookworm & I think reading is not only a good alternative to t.v but fab for keeping your mind & brain in good working order. There's nothing better than getting lost in a world completely your own. Whether it be an autobiography, a bit of chick-lit or a good old cookery book I aim to read at least 1 book a month. 

6. Lastly, and this is one I'm going to have to work really hard on, is to worry less! I think this is so important to good health & being happy. I am the biggest worry bot ever. When I'm not worrying or forget what I was worrying about I begin to worry! It's madness! There is no point in worrying, things will go the way they will, so all you can do is try your best and chill out at the end of the day. I aim to stop myself when I notice I'm worrying & chuck a big fat smile on my face (even when I really don't feel like it!)

So there we have it. My realistic resolutions. (Now let's see if I can stick to them!) Let me know what your goals are or if you're boycotting the whole resolutions thing this year! Good luck!

Kelly x

2 comments:

  1. I wish you good luck to sticking to your new year resolutions !
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    www.ladyhourglass.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete