Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Lush Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask & COSDNA


Another Lush review I hear you ask? Well, I did warn you they were coming! 
I'd been having a lot of problems with my skin recently & really needed something to sort it out. Now I'm no stranger to the odd breakout or time-of-the-month spot, but in the space of about a week my skin was looking like a serious disaster zone. I've come to the conclusion this was probably caused by a combination of using too many new products, stress & changing my diet. So with this in mind & after watching a fab skincare video from the lovely sunbeamsjess (which you can watch here) I decided to look in to what actually goes on my face every time I cleanse, moisturise or cover it up with make up! She spoke about a website called COSDNA.com, which when you enter the name of a product you use comes up with a list of ingredients & tells you how bad or good they are for your skin. They do this by rating each ingredient on how comedogenic (likely it is to cause acne or be an irritant) it is. They also include a safety scale for each ingredient (green means go, red means no!) so you can see just how safe the things you put on your face are in the long term. I thought this was a genius idea, especially for those of us who worry about what we're putting on our skin or if you've had a breakout & you want to find out if it could be something you're using! 

So with this in mind (and my war zone of a face not looking particularly fab at the mo) I decided to get myself a face mask to help sort out my problem skin. As you all should know by now, I am an avid Lush fan. However I'd only tried a few of their face masks before & thought this would be a great time to try a new one! I wanted something that would really deep clean my skin, yet be gentle & soothing. Of course this was when my handy new best friend COSDNA came in! After looking up a few of Lush's Fresh Face Masks (and being quite shocked at just how harmful a couple of them are!) I'd narrowed it down to two. Those were Cosmetic Warrior & Love Lettuce. Now if you know anything about Lush face masks, then you'll know that Cosmetic Warrior (despite being great at targeting spots) consists mainly of garlic! With this in mind & after reading the description of Love Lettuce, I decided to opt for the latter. (I also didn't fancy the risk of stinking of garlic! If you've ever used Cosmetic Warrior please let me know if the smell really is that bad!)


Love Lettuce Fresh Face mask promised to soothe & brighten my complexion, whilst softening & removing dirt & excess oil from my skin. Doesn't sound too shabby if you ask me and it certainly delivered! Firstly, this mask smells divine! It contains lavender which not only helps to balance the skins sebum production but helps to calm your mind (perfect just before bedtime!) I left mine on til it went hard (10-15 minutes is usually enough) and then using warm water I gently washed it away. Now this isn't like most other face masks. It contains almond shells which very gently exfoliate the skin as you wash it off. (so don't forget to use slow circular motions to give it a good scrub!) This was gentle enough not to make my face feel sore or scratchy, yet abrasive enough to really brighten up my complexion & make my skin feel nice & clean.
This mask also includes Fullers Earth which absorbs dirt & oils and seaweed gel, honey & almond oils to make sure your skins lovely & moisturised! 

Now I don't normally write such long-winded reviews for products but I just can't stop raving about this one! I wasn't expecting miracles, but it's really made a difference to my skin, helping to calm down my irritated spots and, for once, not irritate it further like most other products (my skin can be very fussy sometimes!) 

I would really recommend this face mask to anyone whose having a bit of a battle with their skin or just wants something to give them a deep-down clean & super smooth face! I also urge anyone whose interested in what they put on their face to check out COSDNA.com. You may be surprised by what you find & finally get to the bottom of that mysterious breakout!

LUSH Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask is available here and in-store & retails at £5.95. (Remember to keep it in the fridge!)

Kelly x

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. My face just broke out because of some sunscreen I used. I'm really in need of a miracle! Definitely going to pick this up the next time I'm in lush.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend it to you then! (:

      Kelly x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really amazing mask! I have yet to try a single Lush product, but I'll definitely keep this mask in mind when I do.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a go, it's fab! :)

      Kelly x

      Delete
  3. I love LUSH masks! I haven't tried this one but it sounds amazing! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog!! For sure following! Check mine out if you get a chance! :)

    http://alwaysiz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've actually never used a LUSH mask before. We have heard so much about them and have always wanted to try them out. This post has defnitely convinced us that we've got to make getting this mask a priority!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I've never tried any lush products, but as I am also dealing with some issues with my skin, I think now would be a great time to check them out.
    Thanks for the review :)

    xo Franchesca
    cityymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete