Monday, 30 September 2013

Time to scrub up, sugar!

If, like me, you find your skin getting dry and flaky as the weather gets even colder (bloomin' England!) then I'm sure that you too, find yourselves stocking up on the body scrubs, lip balms & anything else that has the words "dry" and "chapped" written on it. I am one of those people that likes to think better safe than sorry and really use the seasonal changes as an excuse to give myself a bit of TLC. (I'm thinking bubble bath, hair mask, a big scrub up, the works!)

Whenever I reach the Soap & Glory section in Boots I am most definitely in my element. What with their eye-catching packaging, humorous quips and gorgeous scents I'm always more than happy to spend my Saturday afternoon browsing everything they have to offer. (and more often than not coming home with a few of their lovely products!) So what with the winter fast approaching (and there being a buy one get one half price offer on not having anything to do with it. ahem!) I thought it was high time I treated myself to some of their lovely body scrubs!



Firstly, I decided to go for The Breakfast Scrub, as this is one of my all-time faves from S&G.It comes in a generously sized 300ml tub with a cute pink lid. If you like your bath products girly and sweet-smelling then this is definitely one for you! Full of shea butter, oats, sugar, banana, almond & honey extract and with a gorgey maple syrup fragrance it really begs the question "Are you sure I can't eat it?" (trust me, it took a great deal of restraint to stop myself from having a little nibble!). This lovely scrub has a thick, luxurious consistency and is a real treat to use. I like to use this on my legs before shaving as it makes them super soft & silky and it really helps smooth down those pesky dry bits (elbows, feet, knees). So if you want to feel like a pampered princess (or just want the maple syrup without the calories!) the The Breakfast Scrub is for you.



Next up it's Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Unlike The Breakfast Scrub, this wonderful little pot is perfect for those of you who prefer their bath times fresh and fruity. With a gorgeous zingy lime fragrance it helps to wake you up as well as your skin, making you feel refreshed & super clean! With 300ml of the stuff, this normally lasts me quite a while. It comes in very bold green & pink packaging that to me screams kitsch & cute, which I love. Packed with brown sugar, lime, almond oil & macadamia grains I would say that this is one of the most invigorating scrubs I've tried. It's something I really love about this scrub as I find most brands tend to focus more on sweet or floral scents when it comes to body scrubs and exfoliating products. Sugar Crush isn't afraid to pack a pick-me-up punch & once again S&G have hit the nail on the head with this one. If you want gorgeously smooth skin, yet need something to pep you up a little then I can't recommend Sugar Crush enough!

Both The Breakfast Scrub & Sugar Crush Body Scrub are available from most Boots stores and retail at £8 each. (get in there now whilst the buy one get one half price offer is on!)

What are your fave body scrubs? Let me know lovelies!
Kelly x

6 comments:

  1. I love the S&G smell too.. I have this but haven't opened it yet :) So looking forward to it.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? (:

      Kelly x

      Delete
  2. Hey Kelly!

    I'm so glad you're still posting, I went off for a while so it was nice to find you on Bloglovin' :-) I loved this post, I need a new body scrub so this sorted me out! I've had a soap and glory one years ago, so definitely going to try these. Thanks lovely!

    Chloesparkles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely!
      Yes I've been so busy lately and life's been rather hectic so I haven't been able to post on here as much as I'd like to! Aw you're welcome!

      Kelly x

      Delete
  3. I love the S&G sugar scrub, i've had my tub for months and not even close to finishing it yet! I can't wait to try to breakfast scrub.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review I really enjoyed reading it! I'm a big fan of Soap and Glory products but haven't tried this one before.. I've wanted to for a while, though.

    You have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower. I look forward to reading more of your posts :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete