Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Topical Tuesdays: How to feel sexy and confident

Image taken from dawngrant.com


So guys, as you may have noticed todays post is slightly different from the usual Topics. I thought it was time for me to start a "How-to" season and what better way to start than by giving you lovelies some tips on how to boost those confidence levels! So if you're feeling a little low or just want some advice on how to feel super sexy (we all have those days where we feel like an old bag lady, trust me!) then I am here to try my best to help you out girlfriend! (shameless Gok Wan impression there).


1. Don't compare yourself to others. This is so important when trying to feel confident about yourself! If you are forever obsessing over other peoples positive attributes and not focusing on your own then it's going to make you feel pretty crappy at the end of the day. You are you. You are never going to be this person so don't waste your time wishing you were them. Remember nobody is better than you and you are better than no one. We are all equal and it's what we do that makes a difference. You are the only you there is and we are all unique which is what makes each and every one of us special. So embrace your individuality and the things you have to offer and just be yourself! 

2. Ditch the glossies, it won't end well. Carrying on from what I just said, don't allow yourself to become addicted to knowing what the celebs are doing! "O.M.G, she's just lost all that weight, I wonder what diet she's on? I hate my muffin top!" "Oh look she's put weight on again! She looks better than before, curvy is sexy!" Sound familiar? Sod what the celebs are doing, just be yourself! If you think there is something you really would like to change i.e to lose or gain a few pounds or try that haircut you've always wanted then I say go for it, but don't ever change anything about yourself just because it's what the celebs are doing!

3. Pamper yourself. I've personally found this one of the key things to do to help pep me up when I'm feeling down and unsexy. I'll buy myself a new outfit, get my hair done, have a nice long, bubble bath, put on some slap and throw on my glad rags for a night on the town. We've all got it, we've just got to flaunt it!

4. Get your kit off! Whilst we're talking about feeling sexy, nothing makes you feel more glam and confident than some gorge new underwear! I'm not saying get down to Ann Summers for stockings and peek-a-boo bra, but I definitely feel heaps more confident when I've got my sexy undies on! (ooh-er!) Whilst we're on the topic of getting down to your smalls, it's always good to take a good long look at yourself in the mirror. It helps to look at your body and really get to know it. I think it's important to realise that nobody is perfect and that we should love our own little imperfections because they're what makes us, us! You need to feel comfortable in your own skin and once you've done that you'll be brimming with confidence!

5. Finally and quite importantly, hold your head up high! I for one am guilty of slumping around with my head down like some over-grown goth and people always pick up on it. You'll be surprised how happy and confident you'll feel just by holding your head up and smiling to the world, trust me it really works!



I hope this helps any of you looking for a confidence boost! I am in no way a professional but these are the tips that I've picked up and found the most helpful from personal experience. Feel free to leave any questions below! Have a fab Tuesday!
Kelly x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post as always :) hope you're good! xoxo
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I am very good thanks! Hope you are well also! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. This is a really great post and I think every woman should print this off and read it when they're having one of THOSE days!

    Ex | Rare Ribbon

    ReplyDelete