Monday, 10 June 2013

LUSH Sparkle Toothy Tabs: Review



Hey guys! So I was recently browsing the LUSH store online when I came across Toothy Tabs. Now I'd heard of these before but I thought I'd have a closer look this time! If you didn't already know Toothy Tabs are a revolutionary product thought up by the very imaginative and lovely people at LUSH. They are a solid form of toothpaste and the packaging is 100% recyclable, which I love! Each pack comes with 40 "tabs" and the idea is that you crunch up one of these, then with a little water on your toothbrush brush your teeth like normal. The Toothy Tab will then foam up in your mouth just like a toothpaste would. A pretty innovative and exciting idea don't you think? So after browsing the many different flavours and ranging from £2.00 - £3.50, (which I think is amazing value) I decided to try Sparkle. Sparkle is grapefruit, black pepper & lemon flavour, designed to get your gnashers gleaming & beautiful. Sounds good huh? So what were the results?


I'd read a few reviews before trying these, some people loved them, others not so much. A lot of people had said that the black pepper in them burnt their mouths and was terribly hot. This inevitably made me a little apprehensive about trying these but I decided to "man up" and bite the bullet. (or should I say tab? Haha at my awful sense of humour there) The first time I used these it was a very odd sensation, a bit like crumbling up a tiny biscuit and brushing it on your teeth, but after a couple of goes it felt like the most natural thing in the world! All I kept thinking to myself was "why have I not tried these before?!" 

As for the taste it was nowhere near as bad some people had said! Yes you could taste the black pepper, but it wasn't too strong or hot, it was just right (starting to sound a bit like Goldilocks now!) It did leave a warm sensation in my mouth, but it wasn't anything like what I was expecting. So if you've read a few reviews that have put you off trying these, I would still highly recommend them. Everyone likes different things after all & they're definitely worth a go, if not just for the fun of it! 

When I use these my mouth feels cleaner that it ever has before! It's like I've just been to the dentist & had my teeth cleaned up by a professional! I can't stop running my tongue over them, they feel so smooth and healthy! They contain sodium bicarbonate which is what helps to remove any stains from your teeth. However they do not contain any fluoride which is what is normally found in regular toothpastes. There has always been a big debate about whether fluoride actually strengthens your teeth or in fact makes them weaker. As I am neither a dentist nor a scientist I am very much caught in the middle of this controversy not knowing quite what's best for my teeth. So if you're like me, I'd advise alternating between your regular fluoride toothpaste and these toothy tabs, this way your teeth should be healthier then ever! 




Toothy Tabs are great if you're on the move, so it's always a good idea to keep some handy if you're travelling. They come in 7 different flavours, so there's something for everyone! These include Chou Chou I Love You, which tastes like Turkish delight, great for sweetening up your breath ready for kissing your one true love! There is also Dirty flavour, which if you're new to Toothy Tabs and aren't quite ready for the unusual flavours are great as they taste fresh & minty! Personally I can't wait to try all the weird & wonderful flavours available! I think it makes brushing your teeth a whole new experience & I'm really loving this product right now! Well done LUSH! You never fail to impress me!


LUSH Toothy Tabs are available in store or online at https://www.lush.co.uk/. They retail between £2.00 - £3.50.


Have you tried these lovely tooth cleaners yet? What did you think? Hope you all have a fab Sunday!
Kelly xx

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these sound great. I'm all about fluoride free toothpaste, which is why they seem perfect - not to forget that it's Lush and I love Lush. :)

    Lovely post!! xx

    beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really worth trying out, especially if you like fluoride free toothpaste! Thanks! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like an interesting product to try. I'm open and willing to try new and unusual toothpaste or in this case, toothy bar flavors. :) So cool how these are great for travel too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the unusual flavours! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely! I'd never heard of these so it was nice to read about them!
    I tagged you in my 'this and that' post; would love you to try it!

    Chloe
    xxx

    www.chloesparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen these before... I'm still not sure if I'm a little put off or intrigued by them... they do sound very interesting though :) xx

    ReplyDelete