Saturday, 25 May 2013

NOTD #1

From left to right Pear Drop, Pop Your Pink & Block Your Green.

Ooh it's my first NOTD post, how exciting! Recently I have become increasingly disappointed with Barry M's nail polish collections. Barry M has always been a brand I associate with nails & were always my go-to brand when in search of a new colour for my talons. However, I have recently seen a number of not-so-pleased reviews, especially on their new sequin nail effects range, which quite frankly, look like a 5 year old got some glue & stuck sequins on your nails. So I've decided to branch out in the world of nail polishes & give some other brands a go! I was recently in my local Superdrug store & as there was a 3 for 2 offer on thought this the perfect time to stock up on a few new nail colours! I was immediately drawn in by the selection of colours at the Rimmel stand & left the shop with 3 new shades from Rimmels Lasting Finish range, that being Pear Drop, Pop My Pink & Block Your Green.


I'm wearing Block Your Green. Left without flash, right with flash.

I absolutely love these nail polishes! I only needed one coat and that was enough to give me an even and very pigmented colour. The problem I had with some of Barry M's nail paints was the durability of them. They chipped so easily & after my last encounter with one of their polishes (which you can read here) I just had to try something else! 

Rimmels' Lasting Finish range does exactly what it says on the tin! It was a good 5 days before I'd even noticed the tiniest chip. 5 days! This is amazing compared to my good-for-about-half-an-hour other nail polishes! They also dried very very quickly, a bonus in my book as I am one of those very impatient people when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry! 

Another thing I love about these little beauties is that they retail at just £2.99! A bargain for such a long-lasting beautiful nail polish! Pictured above I am wearing Block Your Green, one of my faves at the moment! Check back soon, as I will be uploading more posts with photos on these gorgey nail polishes & will be trying out some other brands that catch my eye!

These are available at Boots, Superdrug & most supermarkets for £2.99 each.



What's your fave nail polish at the moment? Tell me your recommendations!
Kelly xx

20 comments:

  1. Love the colour of this polish and great to see a range that lasts a good 5 days! Superdrug has free delivery on the website at the moment, tempted to make a few purchases of polishes haha :)

    Becky xx
    beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my absolute faves at the moment! Would highly recommend them! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. That's such a cute colour and im obsessed with the barry m nail varnishes that last well if theres a decent top coat over the top. might purchase these as well. thanks for the review

    http://hollysbeautyobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you chose! I'd have to say Revlon is my go-to pharmacy nail polish, I love the colors they offer and I think the product wears well. And CVS and Rite Aid almost always have them buy one get one 50% off.
    Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear also has a few of my favorite nail colors, but I'd say they aren't quite as high quality as the Revlon polishes.

    Thanks for the review, Rimmel has been ON IT recently with their products!
    Kallie
    But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I've never tried Revlon nail polishes, will have to give them a go! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh I'm soo impatient when it comes to drying my nails! I've never tried Rimmel products before, but it seems like something I need to check into. Wet n Wild is one that I've found that has good color that are super cheap. They last pretty long too with a seche vite top coat. Great post! xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, me too! They're really worth trying, amazing quality!
      Ooh, I'll have to try Wet n Wild! Thanks! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  5. I love these colours!!!

    www.lornasfabulousfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lokok of Pear Drop. The Rimmel polishes are so underestimated!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a pretty colour for spring! :)

      Kelly xo

      Delete
  7. Oh really nice colors!
    xoxo

    Sweetie I want invite you to my first giveaway!

    Win a Pair of CircleLens in Sakuranko "Giveaway"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable,babe!!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours are gorgeous! I'm also a sucker for nail polish and love Models Own fantastic range - check them out if you haven't already.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll have to give them a go! :)
      You're welcome!

      Kelly xo

      Delete
  10. I go for Barry M nails or Rimmel the fast drying one is also great!

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete