Friday, 10 May 2013

9 Bars: My New Addiction!


Hello my lovelies! So today's post is about healthy eating, or should I say my lack of it! If you know me you know I am terrible at eating healthily! I have an extremely shameful addiction for all things sweet & bad for you, if it's covered in chocolate it's mine! 

Now I've tried the healthy eating thing before, many times & I must say quite unsuccessfully. However, I've recently been ill a lot with colds & bugs etc, and been generally feeling quite poopy, never good! So I decided it was about time I really made an effort and gave my awful junk food addiction a great big kick up the bum!

If you've read my post on being underweight then you'll know that I've always struggled to put on weight. So the idea of my new healthy diet is not to lose any weight, just to give myself a bit of a boost & start to give my body the things it actually needs rather than all that sugar, salt & other baddies that I pollute it with!




So I've never been a huge fan of the healthier options out there. They always seem so boring & tasteless & most of the time over-priced! So I thought I'd have a good root about on the net to find out what's really good for you. I'd heard about 9 Bars, from FleurDeForces YouTube channel. They sounded really yummy so thought I'd give them a go. I decided to pop in to my local Holland & Barrett store & Sainsburys and stock up on a few of these bad boys (or should I say good boys?) plus a few other things such as some fruit to make smoothies (I'm terrible at eating my 5-a-day!) I also left the store without buying any chocolate! (are you proud of me?) Another few things I bought included almonds, hazelnuts & macadamia nuts as I heard these are great for good health, especially if you don't eat meat (like me!)



I am now addicted to these nutritious bars! They are not only packed full of energy-boosting seeds, but they are absolutely delicious! (I'm even munching on one as I type!) They also contain honey and have a carob topping which is great alternative to chocolate! I'm in love with these & although I'm not bright-eyed & busy-tailed just yet I am now really motivated to properly change my eating habits for good! I will try to keep you guys updated on how this goes!

You can find 9 Bars in your local supermarket or Holland & Barrett store and they retail at £1.90 for a pack of 4.

So what are your top tips for eating healthily? Let me know!
Kelly xx

9 comments:

  1. Mmm they look yummy! I love going into holland and b's ad looking at all the random stuff! My fav at the moment are the sesame sticks..no addictive! Ill get some of these bars this weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so tasty! I love going to Holland & Barrett and trying new healthier alternatives to the rubbish I normally eat!

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. they look good!
    thanks for commenting my blog! I now followed you with bloglovin and gfc, hope you'll follow back!
    Love, Lory

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!
      I'm following you! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad someone else out there has the same obsession with these bars as me!

    http://sorayray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good aren't they?! :)

      Kelly xx

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm following you :-)
    http://fashionaleshopaholic.blogspot.it/ new post outfit

    ReplyDelete