Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Topical Tuesdays: The Boob Job



Image taken from www.alteredbarbie.com

Hello again you beautiful lot! So it's that time again, and I thought that today I would talk about cosmetic surgery, my main focus being the boob job as this has become a very sought after procedure, especially in very young women across the world. I'd just like to point out that I'm aware that a lot of people have strong views on this subject and this post isn't meant to offend anyone, it's purely my personal opinions with a little info on the topic! So, what is the hype all about? And does anyone really think about the dangers?  Here are my views on the subject!


Have you ever had any cosmetic surgery?
No, none at all!

Would you ever consider a boob job?
At a not particularly large size 32B chest I always used to wonder what it would be like to get a breast enlargement! But then after a lot of hard-thinking about it I decided I could never go through with such a big change to my body. As long as I'm comfortable I don't feel the need to put myself through such a big operation just to have men leer at my chest! I'm also very slim and petite in build so to get a big pair of fake jubblies stuck on to me would surely make me topple over and cause pretty bad back problems! (not appealing!) At the end of the day the breast, or it's actual name, the mammary gland is primarily intended for the feeding of babies after all! I understand that it's nice to have that little extra confidence when it comes to these things, but I now hold my smaller sized chest up with pride!

If you could have anything changed, what would it be and why?
There is one one thing that I used to want to have changed and that was my ears! I really wanted to have them pinned back! They are ever so slightly stuck out and I never used to wear my hair up from fear that someone would insult them! But since then I've grown up a lot and realised they're not that bad! And if someone laughs and doesn't like them, so what? It's my body after all, and why should I care if a stranger doesn't like something about my appearance?!

Why do you think so many young girls are getting this procedure?
I think that as this has become such a popular procedure to have done that they see no harm or danger in it. I also think that the media has a lot to answer for! Television programmes like The Only Way Is Essex where everyone gets a boob job like it's just as normal as popping to the dentist for a check up! Even in music videos you'll see women shaking their massive fake baps about! I think that if it's something you really want and you've thought about it for a long time & you also know all the risks then it's completely fine! But I think so many young girls see their friends or people on tv get this done and think they should too! Obviously it's completely up to the individual and I understand that some people can get really down and even depressed about the size of their chest, but I do think it's not something that should be taken lightly. Make sure it's definitely something you want before going ahead with it!



TOWIE stars Lauren Pope & Chloe Simms showing off their fake boobs. Image from cooldudereal.blogspot.com

Do you think that people can ever really be happy with their own bodies without the need for plastic surgery?
Of course! I don't want to preach at anyone who has or is considering cosmetic surgery, but I do think over time you can learn to accept your body for how it is and even be happy with it! I know some people don't see plastic surgery as a big deal and if this is you that's fine, I hope you are happy with the changes you've made or are going to make. But personally I think I'd rather just keep my body the way it is without filling it full of silicone! Just look at celebrities such as Keira Knightley, who still looks beautiful and elegant without the need for plastic surgery!

Image taken from coolspotters.com


Now once again I've done a little research for you lovelies and here are a few things to know  whilst considering getting a breast enlargement!


How old do you have to be to have to be to have a boob job in the UK?
You have to be eighteen!


What are the risks and dangers of having a breast enlargement?
Now I'm sure most of you have heard about the PIP breast implant scandal of last year! If not a french company used sub-standard silicone gel for the implants which caused many to rupture, with over 300,000 women affected by this! So always make sure you know what you're getting put in to your body and make sure to discuss this with your doctor/surgeon beforehand! Another thing is that breast implants usually have to be replaced every 10 years, so before you think it'll just be one operation, it won't! Another danger of having breast implants is the risk of rupture or tear in the implant which could result in leakage which can then result in partial or complete collapse of the implant! Scary stuff eh?


Image taken from www.pip-breast-implants.co.uk

What are the pros of this procedure?
The biggest pro of having a breast enlargement (given that you want one!) is a massive boost in confidence! A lot of women have said that after having a boob job they have felt happier, more attractive and that clothes appear more flattering. So if you think getting this procedure done will change your life for the better then go for it! It's your body after all!


As I've said before this post isn't made to offend anyone or preach at them for what they want to do to their body, just my personal views and to help people know more about the risks! So what are you guys views on cosmetic surgery? Let me know! :)


Kelouise xo

29 comments:

  1. This was really interesting to read! I totally agree with you and I think it's a shame more girls can't be proud of whatever their bodies look like!

    Have a look at my blog, follow me if you like it and I'll follow back :)

    http://theperksofbeingahipster.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      Of course! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  2. haha so funny. Shall we follow? ket me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post...im not a fan of overly looking fake ones, i think the size should be in proportion to the rest of your body and a lot of girls these days don't worry about that vital point! I like your tuesday posts! looking forward to another great read! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I agree! I think it looks ridiculous if your boobs are bigger than the rest of you!

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  4. Informative! I agree w you. the more natural, the better :D Great blog! x

    http://itsnicoleperez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for checking out my blog! I completely agree with you- and Keira Knightley looks stunning in that photograph!

    I really like your blog, would you like to follow each others blogs? Definitely let me know!! x

    http://phoebe-bialkowski.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Love!

    I'm not chesty at all, but I would never ever have a boob job. It's scary and the risk of having breast cancer after a boob job increases. I would like to have a rhinoplasty (nosejob) though.
    Lovely post!



    Please follow and visit me :D

    Danica Stark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Plastic surgery is not for me! Thanks!

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  7. I really like this Topical Tuesday idea! And I don't think I could ever have plastic surgery, although I would like a nose job because I hate the shape of my nose. I think it's an issue I only have though, because no one ever comments on it, it's just myself!

    I'm now following you and would love it if you followed back? Let me know :D
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) Yeah we all seem to have flaws that other people can't see! We just need to learn to love our bodies for what they are! :)
      Sure I'll check out your blog! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  8. Hey there!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I really appreciate it.

    I already followed you through GFC, so if you can please follow me back, that would be great. If you already followed me, then thank you.:)

    Keep in touch!
    Lovely post!



    Please follow and visit me :D

    Danica Stark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked out your blog! :)
      Thanks!

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  9. Love the topical Tuesday Idea Ive never had plastic surgery and dont think i would consider it as i would be terrified of it going wrong.
    Following you hope you drop by mine sometime and i look forward to reading your next post

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'd never want to risk it going wrong!
      Thanks! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  10. Oh god, I'm so tiny of the chest that if I got a boob job I'd be walking around like a hunchback. Sarah x

    http://skinperfecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post :)love your blog, would you like to follow eachother? why dont you follow me through gfc and blog lovin and let me know :) ill definitely follow back!

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out your blog! :)

      Kelly xo

      Delete
  12. really good post. i've never had any plastic surgery but i might will get one in the future. i don't like the way my breast looks like and i'm sure i would have more confidence...but i'm not quite sure what to do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks! :)well only do something if it'll make you happy, never change for somebody else! :)
      Kelly xo

      Delete
  13. Lovely blog <3
    Maybe you want to follow each other? let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post :) I don't judge anyone who gets cosmetic surgery but I do feel a little bit of a sadness ?(for lack of a better word) that people don't feel 100% comfortable in their own skin and that our culture places so much emphasis on outer appearance. I know sometimes cosmetic surgery is necessary so that's totally understandable but just to do it for superficial reasons, well, it's up to the individual. Personally, I would never get anything done, not because I'm 100% comfortable with myself but I feel that I need to learn to embrace my whole self because there's no one else on earth like me (at least, I don't think so- we'll never know for sure!). Plus, I'm afraid of all medical procedures, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I personally underwent a breast augmentation procedure in Toronto by Dr. Jerome Edelstein, because it was something needed. I was size 0 and the clothes looked awful on me. So, after thinking and thinking, I decided that I should go for it and now I don't regret anything. It was the best decision that I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this. Most people want to undergo this procedure not only to enhance their physical appearance, but also to boost their self-esteem. Going through cosmetic procedures is definitely a personal choice. While being comfortable with what you have is good, it wouldn’t be bad if you opt to something that you think can make you feel better. All the best!

    Chantel Fett @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete