Monday, 8 April 2013

The Apocalips is here: A Review of Rimmels' Apocalips Lip Lacquers

Well, where to start? I am well aware that this review has now been done a million times, but there's a reason everybody's raving about this new little number on the market. 

(from left to right, Big Bang, Luna, Nude eclipse)

So after lots of uhm-ing and ahh-ing I eventually gave in to curiosity and bought three of these lip lacquers in shades, Big Bang (pictured below), Luna and Nude Eclipse.

And what can I say? I absolutely ADORE them! As a self-confessed connoisseur of lip products, I am pleased to say that I have finally found one that ticks all the right boxes. If you're like me and like your lip colour to stand out then look no further. I am always on the look out for a lip product that gives a high-gloss finish yet at the same time is really pigmented and this certainly delivers. I can't say it enough, I just love this product!





At only £5.99 and available at most high-street drugstores I really do think you get your money's worth. With it's doe-foot applicator it really is a dream to apply without being too sticky or "gungy" like many other glossy lip sticks I've tried. It even has a slightly watermelon scent to it, which I personally really like. Rimmels' really come up trumps with this one!



Now if I had to be really pernickety about this product (which is hard!) I'd say that the only con is the small range of colours available, as it only comes in around eight different shades. (my favourite being Big Bang, pictured above and below). But this is a very small con and as I love this product so much, I forgive you Rimmel!




So there we have it. I'm delighted to say I'd give this one a pretty awesome 10 out of 10 and can't wait to try all the other shades. A new favourite and handbag essential for sure!






To all other lip lacquer fans out there, have you tried this one yet? What did you think? 

Kelouise xo


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, those things look amazing. I wish we had them here in Germany... You Brits are so lucky!! :P
    xxx Mareike

    small-town-couture.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes they're so lovely! One of my faves! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete