Monday, 15 April 2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review

I love trying out new foundations, but when in my  local Boots store a little while ago, I came across Revlon's Colorstay Foundation and realised, although it's been out on the market a while now, I'd never given it a go. So I did!





Firstly, what attracted me to this foundation was that it is oil-free, something I find hard to find in a foundation these days. I love this because it's so much better for my skin, and as my skin can be quite, let's say, temperamental, it's a definite pro!

I also love the colours available. As I'm very pale-skinned, I find it extremely difficult to find a foundation that's light enough for me. I wear this in Ivory, which is the perfect shade for me. I got the one for oily/combination skin. (you can also get it for normal/dry skin).



This foundation has a lovely finish! Not too dewy, yet not too matte, it has just the right balance. It's great on it's own, or I like to wear mine with Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, when my skin's feeling a little more oily. 







I really love the coverage Revlon Colorstay gives me, as I'm prone to the odd breakout and also suffer from a few acne scars, this covers them perfectly, yet doesn't feel at all "caked on" like a lot of foundations do. It feels light and almost like I'm not wearing any at all! 


It is really rather difficult to fault this foundation. However, the only downfall I can find is that it's very fast-drying. So when applying try to focus on just one area at a time rather than dotting it all over and then blending.

All in all, this is now one of my fave high-street foundations that I will re-purchasing for a while to come!



Revlon Colorstay retails at £12.49 and is available from Superdrug and Boots. 




Any other Revlon Colorstay fans out there? What did you think?


Kelouise xo

2 comments:

  1. I used the dry skin version of this foundation for about two years and I loved it :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my fave high street foundations! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete