Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Liz Earle Skin Essentials Try-Me Kit Review

Hey guys! So yes, I am completely aware that this review has been done a million and one times but when I find a product I really have fallen in love with I just have to share my opinion with you! So here it is.



I've always wanted to try the Liz Earle collection (especially the Cleanse & Polish) but as someone who worries that changing her skincare routine will break her skin out and possibly make it worse (I have quite sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts :( ) I am always weary of  trying new things. However, in the past few months I've felt my skin was in dire need of a little TLC so I decided to bite the bullet and put my faith in Liz Earle! I wanted to try a bit of everything so got the Liz Earle Skin Essentials Try Me Kit. £23.00 (plus p+p) available online at http://uk.lizearle.com/



Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml tube)
This is it. The One. The new love of my life and probably a staple in my skincare routine for a very long time to come. The idea is you massage a couple of squeezes (or pumps, depending on which one you got) into your face and neck. Don't miss your eyes! This great little cleanser is also really good at removing stubborn eye-make up and is gentle on the delicate eye area. After you've rubbed it in a bit you soak your muslin cloth (the set comes with 1) in hand-hot water and then wring out so the cloth is damp. Then using circular motions use the cloth to buff away the days grime and make up. After you've got in to every nook & cranny splash your face with cool water and pat dry with a towel.



At first I was a little skeptical about this one, it is very thick and rich and contains cocoa butter which made me worry that it would clog my skin and cause breakouts, but it really doesn't!
I've had one or two blemishes since using this but I think that was just my skin adjusting to all the new lovely stuff I was loading it with! 

It also contains beeswax which is known for it's skin-protecting properties and relieves blemished skin.

Cleanse & Polish removes make up brilliantly! After all the hype I'd heard I wondered if this really could remove mascara as I've always found this the most annoying part of make-up removal, but it really does! After each use my skin feels so fresh and clean and it's great knowing I've really buffed away all those nasty dead skin cells. This stuff is a pleasure to use and it smells gorgeous! 

The lovely people at Liz Earle were also kind enough to include a free 30ml tube of this stuff and another muslin cloth, thank you Liz Earle! (happy face!)




Instant Boost Skin Tonic (50ml bottle)



Now I'm not usually a massive fan of toners. They normally dry up my skin and don't really seem to do a lot in my opinion. This one is alcohol-free so is gentle on even sensitive skin. You just apply to cotton wool and sweep across your face, after you've cleansed and polished, simple! This toner really makes my skin feel refreshed and gives me the confidence that every tiny scrap of make-up and cleanser has been removed from my face.

It contains cucumber extract which calms and soothes the skin. It also contains vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant for looking after your skin, especially against sun damage and nasty pollution.

It also smells lovely, which is always a bonus for something you're putting on your face every morning and night. After I use this my skin feels extra clean and really soft. I love it!



Skin Repair Moisturiser Normal/Combination
This is without a doubt one of the best moisturisers I have ever used. I slap this little wonder on after I've toned my skin with Instant Boost Skin Tonic. My skin always feels really plumped up and smooth after I use this. It sinks straight in and always leaves my face feeling really pampered. It doesn't feel at all greasy either. Super stuff!


It contains glycerin which is amazing at hydrating the skin and avocado oil which leaves your skin feeling silky and soft. After just a few days I woke up and found that a few scars I'd had from nasty spots had started to fade! This is something I've always longed to find in a moisturiser. Again, this one smells b-e-a-utiful!


Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion (50ml bottle)
If you want something that refreshes tired and sore eyes then this is the one! I've never really bought in to eye lotions and potions and I don't think this transformed my eyes into sparkling gems, but it did really help to soothe them after a long day and wake me up in the morning. Just dab a little on to cotton wool and sweep over your lids or if you have especially tired eyes soak 2 cotton pads in the stuff and pop them on your peepers for 10-15 mins to really feel their soothing benefits. Lovely for a pamper evening!



This great little eye helper contains cornflower extract which can help reduce inflammation of the eyes. It also contains aloe vera, which is well-known for it's soothing and calming properties, very beneficial for the delicate eye area. I also found that my dark circles didn't look quite as bad after using this, which is a big plus. 

Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion also makes a really good eye make-up remover. A big thumbs up in my book!



So all in all, I am very pleased with the results of the Liz Earle collection and can't wait to try some more! I've been using these products for around 2 months (they've lasted ages and I really wanted to try them out properly before doing a review for you lovely ladies) I hope this review has helped all of you Liz Earle skepticals out there who aren't too sure whether to give this stuff a go. But in my honest opinion I think this stuff is really worth the money,  you get to try out all four products and my skin is glowing! Liz Earle, you have a new fan!



What are your thoughts on the Liz Earle range? Thumbs up or down?

Kelouise xo




2 comments:

  1. What a great kit! They're such lovely ways to try a bit of everything!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they're such a good purchase! Can't wait to try their other stuff!

    Kelouise xo

    ReplyDelete