Sunday, 21 April 2013

Barry M in Peach Melba: A Mini Review

As some of you may already know I'm loving my pastel nail polishes at the moment. I think they're a great way of getting in to the Summer spirit! So when I found Barry M Nail Paint in Peach Melba I just had to try it!





However, my excitement was short-lived. I must say I was very disappointed with the quality of this nail polish. The consistency seemed to be rather lumpy so I gave it a bit of a shake in the hope that it would sort itself out. I then applied this on top of my China Glaze base coat, just as I normally do when painting my nails.

It seemed really gloopy and lumpy still and was really messy to use. In about half an hour after I'd finished painting my nails it still didn't seem to want to dry properly and the nails that had dried were already chipped, despite the fact I had barely moved my hands since I'd done them. It took me another 3 attempts until my nails looked almost passable, but by the end of the day they were a complete mess again! 

I've never had these problems with a Barry M nail polish before, so I'm not sure whether this was just a one-off or if it was this particular colour that seemed to go like this. It's such a shame as I adore the colour!

Barry M Nail Paint in Peach Melba is available from most Boots and Superdrug stores and it retails at £2.99.


Has anyone else had these problems with this nail paint? Or do you think I was just unlucky with this one? Let me know what you think.



Kelouise xo

11 comments:

  1. Hey that’s cool, I really liked it. Will be eagerly waiting for more.
    Well I have blog on some great Natural Stuff, so it will be good to see you there

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    and will love to hear from you even if its about something I need to change in my blog.
    And please carry on doing this great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou! :)

      I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  2. This nail color looks cute! :)

    Have a Marvelous Monday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey pretty lady, I have this and don't have a problem with it so it is probably a dodgy bottle... I love all things Peach Melba, even the name sounds lush. New follower. Look forward to reading more from you chick. Love Laura A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely! :)
      Someone else I know also had problems with this one, must have been a dodgy batch of them in our local Boots! Such a shame as it's a beautiful colour!
      Ah thanks! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  4. Hey Love!

    Lovely post!
    I had the same problem with nail polish with glitters


    Please follow and visit me :D

    Danica Stark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Yeah it's such a shame!
      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  5. I had the same thing with this shade! You have to wait hoooours. Love the Barry M glitters though, and some other shades are fab. Love your blog!

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it's not just me! Yeah I normally love Barry M, most of the shades are beautiful and I've had no problems with them! :) Thanks!

      Kelly xo

      Delete
  6. I totally agree! I bought this nail polish in Superdrug and I've got the same problem with it! It's too thick and so messy in use. I definitely wouldn't recommend itto anyone.

    ReplyDelete