Friday, 26 April 2013

A Review Of Botanics Microdermabrasion Polish


Hello again lovelies! Now I know a lot of you have been raving about Botanics Superbalm (and rightly so, it's amazing!). So when I was in my local Boots store the other week I couldn't resist having a sleuth around the Botanics section and as everything was half price (yay!) I just had to try this stuff out! The word microdermabrasion is what first attracted me to this product. It made this product sound very high-tech and like it would actually make a difference to my skin! I'd always wanted to try a microdermabrasion treatment, but as I'm always a little skeptical about forking out to have something done at a salon that I'd never tried before, I jumped for joy when I saw this little beauty on the shelf! So what were the results?




Well to start with let me explain the idea of this product. I'm sure most of you beauty addicts have heard of microdermabrasion, but for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term it basically involves the application of tiny rough grains in order to buff away the surface layer of the skin. I know some of you may be thinking ouch, that sounds painful, but it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, although my skin felt a little sore after use. This is a very popular procedure in many beauty salons and now known as the less-evasive and cheaper alternative to a face lift! Sounds good, huh? So with this in mind (and at only £3.99!) I thought I'd opt for the do-it-yourself option and give this a whirl in the comfort of my own home.




This is a weekly treatment which you use after cleansing, like an exfoliator. You just squeeze a blob on to your finger (you don't need much!) and gently rub in to the face using circular movements. I'm not gonna lie to you, it did feel a little scratchy when using it, but I guess if it didn't it wouldn't work and it's totally worth the slight discomfort! No pain, no gain after all! After you're done applying it you gently (and thoroughly, make sure you get it all off!) wash your face in warm water. I used a muslin cloth to do this as it took a lot of rinsing my face to remove it all! You then just pat your face dry. Easy peasy!



So, did my face feel younger? Well, as I'm only 21 years old I'm not quite at the stage where I need something to combat wrinkles! However my skin did feel incredibly smooth & soft and had an amazing glow after I used the polish (which is why I wanted to try it so bad!) I also noticed that as this stuff acts as a very powerful buffer for dead skin it also really helped to fade the slight acne scarring I have! This lovely stuff contains ginkgo, a powerful antioxidant that helps care & look after your skin. I really felt like I had lovely fresh, smooth, new skin after I used this! Would definitely re-purchase, even at full price, this stuff is wonderful!


Botanics Microdermabrasion Polish is available at Boots and retails at £7.99. Get it now while it's half price for £3.99! Offer ends soon guys!


So have any of you beauties tried this little wonder yet? Or maybe you've tried something else in the Botanics range and want to rave about it? Let me know! :)




Kelouise xo

34 comments:

  1. Literally just was in Superdrug today trying to find something to brighten my horrible grey skin up!! I opted for something else, but this looks like it would have been perfect! Will need to try it out :) Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I'm your latest follower. Would be lovely if you could pop back over to mine and follow me back! :) Megan xxxx

    littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this stuff is lovely! :) Aw thankyou! Sure! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  2. So awesome blog!)) Love it!
    You have a new follower here! Hope you'll do the same!))
    Have a nice day, honey!

    http://myfiercefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :)sure!

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  3. interested in following each other via GFC./??
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review!! thank you for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful blog dear, love it!

    Hope you can visit mine sometime :)

    xx

    www.ONTHEBRIGHTSTYLE.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review & beautiful blog!!
    I'm a new follower via bloglovin & gfc!

    http://gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, keep it up!

    Check out my J'adore Dior give-away! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following your blog, can you do follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! your blog and your pics are great!!!Full of interesting tips!
    step by me if you have time, we might follow each other!!!!
    Have a good sunday !
    Tania
    www.glamourmaniacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such an amzing blog! SHall we follow> let me know XSE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, congratulations on your blog!
    If you can visit this blog:
    http://morgannascimento.blogspot.com.br/
    Thank you for your attention

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kelouise, thanks so much for stopping by as well and of course we can! Just followed you on GFC, hope you can as well :)

    Hope you have a Marvelous Monday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a great reviewer - I can't use exfoliators on my face because my skin's too sensitive, but if that wasn't the case I'd get this :)
    Grace xx
    follow for follow?
    graciiousme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanna have! I follow you now back beauty Xjes SE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the lovely comment left on my blog(: Now following you, you can follow back via GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! :)

      Kelouise xo

      Delete
  16. Definitely be trying this xx

    http://lhdc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds amazing! I wish I lived in England so I could get this! I love your blog!

    lalalahini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's so good! Thankyou! :)

      Kelly xo

      Delete
  18. Yay I bought this the other day as I m trying to fade some acne scars and now I'm even more excited to use it so thanks for this review!

    aspoonfulofsym.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ultrasonic microdermabrasion with Ultrasound also exfoliates the skin to correct the damages of skin but is not harsh because it uses ultrasound for this purpose that does not cause any discomfort. More detail visit our sites Microdermabrasion in Dubai

    ReplyDelete